cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennyrose
Fanfold Paper
Views: 586
Message 1 of 8

What is the max ram for Lenova M70e 0830 series?

I recenely purchanced one that came with windows 10, previously it was a windows 7. It came with two RAM slots and a 4 GB stick. I can't find out what the true max ram is, is it 4GB or 8GB? Can 8 be installed on this pc? Was 4 the max when it was a windows 7? The Processor is an Intel Core 2 Quad. It's a 64 bit system.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 568
Message 2 of 8

Re: What is the max ram for Lenova M70e 0830 series?

1GB, 2GB, 3GB, or 4GB std, 4GB max . two sockets.

PDF page 258 has your machine.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/withdrawnbook/ldwbook2013.pdf

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 548
Message 3 of 8

According to this thread, 8 GB:  M70e-Tower-8GB-memory-graphics-and-power-supply-upgrade

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 533
Message 4 of 8

You can use a memory test tool like MemTest86 to determine the specs of the existing 4 GB dimm, and then source an additional one with the exact same specs. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Jennyrose
Fanfold Paper
Views: 531
Message 5 of 8

I'm so confused lol. If it can support up to 8, how come the set standard is just at 4? 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 522
Message 6 of 8

I don't know what a set standard is.  It can support two 4 GB dimms, 8 GB max.  I suspect that a BIOS update during it's lifecycle enabled the use of newer 4 GB dimms (replacing the previous 2 GB dimm max.)  A similar thing happened with the M58. 

Jennyrose
Fanfold Paper
Views: 519
Message 7 of 8

Oh! Ok, thank you!! I'll find another 4 GB matching ram stick and see! Thank you all for the help!
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 515
Message 8 of 8

This appears to be a recurring question.  Perhaps you could let us know what the specs for the existing Dimm is, and what you were able to find to match it.  Ty. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors