cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saskgui
What's DOS?
Views: 472
Message 1 of 2

Who Do I Reinstall Windows On My Desktop?

Good day Lenovo Community, Some time ago I purchased a second hand Lenovo ThinkCentre Desktop computer with Windows 7 Professional pre-installed. It is now high time to reformat however there is no disk. Years ago I was familiar with with procedure to reinstall windows with the system disc but for some strange reason they don't seem to include a disk anymore even when you purchase new at a retail shop. I noticed on the hard drive there appears to be a partition called "Lenovo Recovery", when I click to explore this drive I am faced with a pop up titled "Lenovo Factory Backup Partition Information". I then have two buttons to click, one is "Create Recovery Media" and the other is "Recover Drive Space". I clicked " Create Recovery Media" and after a couple of questions i have three files created, they are: Folder - Boot Folder - Factory Recovery USB.tag WinRE.wim I tried putting these files on a USB drive and then restarting the computing thinking it would reboot into a system installation procedure but it does not and yes I changed the boot configuration in the bios so it would boot off the USB. I then converted these files to an iso file and burned to disk but the computer would not recognize this either as something to boot off of. Am I even on the right path here?
saskgui
What's DOS?
Views: 427
Message 2 of 2

Re: Who Do I Reinstall Windows On My Desktop?

So is this a support forum or not? Did I post the question in the incorrect area? Trying to understand why no one is responding.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors