Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfcnola
Fanfold Paper
Views: 183
Message 1 of 1

Windows 10 64 randomly rebooting on Thinkcentre M93p

For about two weeks my M93p has been "Shutting Down Windows" randomly and rebooting immediately.  At first I thought the problem was with Windows Update so I uninstalled the April update and the problem seemed to disappear.  I set Update to delay installations for 35 (?) days but the issue began again so I updated to the May 1903 update just for the heck of it. The most irritating aspect is the PC will run for hours without a problem then suddenly reboot and maybe reboot again within a few minutes or behave for a while.  I found an old post about creating an "abort shutdown" desktop/keyboard shortcut and it's actually worked a couple of times when the "close apps" dialog appeared..

I replaced the internal hard drive with a WD SSD about a month ago but that's all that has changed.  I thought about buying a "renewed" powe supply for ~ $40 to see if that might be the issue since I've run Lenovo diagnostics on all the components several times without any errors.  If the PC is overheating it's recovering pretty quickly since it always starts right back up automatically.  

The M93p is almost 5 years old but with its i7 core CPU and 16GB RAM it runs very fast and I can use a ton of apps without any lagging. After I swapped out the HDD for the SSD it was noticeably faster at booting, which had become a 5 minute endeavor.  If I can fix the rebooting problem it may last another couple of years ... or I'll just get used to saving work frequently. 

Any ideas or suggestions about how to proceed will be appreciated.  Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors