HU

4 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 5

Windows 7 activation 0xC004F063 computer bios is missing required license

2018-03-11, 20:21 PM

Hi,

I have a ThinkCenter desktop mashine. It's about 8 years old. Recently I replaced the HDD with an SSD and reinstalled Windows7 on it from a DVD that I received from a friend. During installation I proveded the Windows7 product key as requested by the installer. During the Windows activation process I received a 0xC004F063 error message, indicating that the BIOS driver is missing a licence, so the activation can't be done. 

I then called Microsoft Support to activate via phone, but was told, that only Lenovo can do the reactivation.

Can you please help what to do?

Thank you in advance!

Options

4194 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38528 Signins

577411 Page Views

• Views: 577411
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Windows 7 activation 0xC004F063 computer bios is missing required license

2018-03-11, 23:54 PM

Hi SxySensor and welcome to the community,

Did the DVD that you installed Windows from have the exact version of the OS that was originally installed on the machine?  There are quite a few versions of Windows 7 and your key will only activate for the version that is stated on the key. Your key also won't activate if the DVD is for an upgrade version of the OS.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Options

4 Posts

03-11-2018

HU

4 Signins

34 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2018-03-15, 21:19 PM

Hi Dave,

I checked that, yes.  Would there be any possibility to download a recovery ISO image that is specific to my PC and run it for the newly installed SSD based Windows? Or is there any online support where I could give remote access like at MS and Lenovo support could do the activation?

Tamás

Options

4194 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38528 Signins

577411 Page Views

• Views: 577411
  • Message 4 of 5

2018-03-15, 23:02 PM

There are no Recovery "images", recovery discs contain files.  The first boot disc puts them all together and loads Windows.  A retail Windows 7 disc should activate with your key.  Don't enter the key when it asks you, you should be able to choose to do it later.  When Windows is finished loading and before it connects to the internet, reboot the machine.  When it boots back up, go to Control Panel, System and at the bottom it will offer to activate  after you enter a key.  Enter the key and do a phone activation.  It should then activate.  

Another way would be to clone your original hard drive onto the SSD, although you probably have 2 different size hard drives there and cloning from a large drive to a smaller drive might not work too well.  Maybe somebody can chime in here who has done it and offer some tips.

By the way, you are using the license key that came on the sticker with your machine, right?

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Options

4 Posts

03-11-2018

HU

4 Signins

34 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2018-03-16, 8:21 AM

On the ThinkCenter housing I found no sticker, just the 'Intel i5core inside', 'Windows7', 'Lenovo enhanced experience' and 'Energy Star' stickers. So I was using some freeware key extractor and crosed checked it with an other one.

I will try the reinstall without providing the key and then activate after completed installation.

If this doesn't work, I will go with the cloning, although it won't be that easy due to what you have already mentioned, the SSD is half the size of the HDD.

Thank you for your hints.

Best regards,

Tamás

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete