cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MARKK
Not applicable
Views: 3,017
Message 1 of 3

X:\Preboot\Utils\Convert.cmd file is missing( does any one from Lenovo actually respond?)

Does anyone know of a solution for this, Here is the scoop, My sisters PC, an IBM ThinkCenter A52, had its Hard drive fail and with it went the recovery partition. I talked to IBM/Lenovo Support and was told that since the PC was no longer under warranty that they would not sell me a set of recovery disks..This makes no sense what so ever to me. Anyway with some digging I found an IBM business partner that sells recovery disks, so I ordered them. I received the set( 7 cds). I Boot up with the Lenovo rescue and recovery cd then follow the instructions on screen for the remaining 6 cds  Product recovery disks 1-5 and the supplemental product recovery CD. All goes OK I remove the last CD and then reboot to the rescue and recovery menu. I select restore to factory settings, and click next to begin the process and I get the following error.  Product recovery could not find file X:\Preboot\Utils\Convert.cmd .  Is there a fix for this? I have searched the internet and have found others who had the same issues but found no solutions... I have posted questions on this forum before and gotten  no response . Any help would be appreciated....

bnicolas
Not applicable
Views: 167
Message 2 of 3

Re: X:\Preboot\Utils\Convert.cmd file is missing( does any one from Lenovo actually respond?)

did you ever solve this problem or did you just trash the computer?
YGRIG
Not applicable
Views: 154
Message 3 of 3

Re: X:\Preboot\Utils\Convert.cmd file is missing( does any one from Lenovo actually respond?)

If you have recovery disks or recovery partition and the only problem is the recovery program not working, you can restore the system by hand using imagex.exe, using the instrustions from here.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors