Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OMAR59
What's DOS?
Views: 748
Message 1 of 3

can i add graphics card on lenovo thinkcentre m58

can any body tell me can i add nividia graphics card on lenovo thinkcentre m58 series 

SeniorGuru
Views: 734
Message 2 of 3

Re: can i add graphics card on lenovo thinkcentre m58

What type of case do you have?  Tower or SFF?  That is important.  What model M58?

Searching this forum shows a handful of other threads concerning this same question.

This recent post in one thread states success installing an EVGA GeForce 210 1024 MB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 DVI/HDMI/VGA Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1312-LR.

The issue apparently isn't really the 280W PSU, since there are several other current good-performing low-profile low-power cards that work just fine with a 280W PSU and are usable in newer stronger machines. The problem with the M58 (according to that thread) is the internal space available and possible physical interference with a graphics card and other components in the interior, as well as the older BIOS.  That EVGA card is older and "slower", using DDR3 memory and having PCIe 2.0 compatibility.  But apparently it did work.

Note that I have no personal firsthand experience with the M58.  I'm just passing on results from others.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 695
Message 3 of 3

Re: can i add graphics card on lenovo thinkcentre m58

Take a look at this thread, if you have a similar system, then a GTX 750 Ti can also work:

M58-Graphic-card-upgrade

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors