Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madyicstik
Paper Tape
Views: 1,829
Message 1 of 6

i have an m50 question

hi,
               the company that i used to work for upgraded their system so instead of them throwing the old pc's away, they gave it the employee's .... ok so to cut the long story short i mangae to get a think center m50(at least thats what i think it it is) ok so the pc has a very decent specs so hey i took it, reformat it and installed a fresh copy of window xp. then i figured shoot i dont have all the drivers for it e.g. mother board driver/audio/video driver/ ethernet driver/ dvd rom driver.... so now ive manage to download everything but the dvd rom driver and the mother board driver. i tried installing some MMORPG (games) on but it wouldnt let me play it. i think its because i dont have the mboard driver and im only using the onboard video adapter to play the games.  so basically what i need is for someone to tell me where can i get the dvd rom driver abd the mother board driver. co i might upgrade the memory and but a neat graphics card so i can play some games on it... any help will do... your reply would be very much appreciated thanks Smiley Happy
netnubar
802.11n
Views: 1,826
Message 2 of 6

Re: i have an m50 question

Hey Madyicstick,

Lucky you.

You should be able to find what you're looking for with a product number.  The product number has seven characters (for example, 8431-KYA) and can be located somewhere on the cover.

Enter the product no. for your M50 into the appropriate place on the 'Downloads and drivers' page.  This page can be reached by clicking on the following links:
'User's guides and manuals' on the main Lenovo Canada page and then 'Downloads and drivers'.

If the DVD-ROM was replaced before you got the machine, and it is not the same as the original optical drive supplied with the machine, you may need the make and model no. to have a look at the manufacturer's website for an appropriate driver.

madyicstik
Paper Tape
Views: 1,818
Message 3 of 6

i do have the number...... its 8189-pu1  thats how i mangae to get some of the drivers... but i havent seen the mboard driver itself and i think i really need that for me to play game on the desktop..... about the dvd rom driver.. i checked on the physical hardware itself and i saw that theres a name IBM on it and it gave a part number but ive spent almost half a day today looking for it but still no luck.. im pretty sure that the original brand of the dvdrom is LG.. so i searched there but still....... if someone can give me a link or anything that would lead me to downloading the necessary drivers that would be awesome.. thanks and still waiting Smiley Happy
Lenovo Employee shumpert
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,790
Message 4 of 6

I'm not sure what drivers you are looking for because XP should detect and install the chipset drivers that you need for the motherboard.  I would reccomend that you use the updated drivers in SP3 for XP but I have included the original links below in case you still need them.

Intel chipset Driver

Intel Onboard Video Driver

DVD/CDR Software
(Multiple files so I included a link to the support site listing the files for your system)
madyicstik
Paper Tape
Views: 1,785
Message 5 of 6

thank you so much... im not sure if it worked but i havent tried some stuff yet so well see... another question is when i click on "turn off computer" button on start menu... i noticed that the button for standby is grayed out?? just wondering why.....
Lenovo Employee shumpert
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,782
Message 6 of 6

You probably just need to make sure the intel chipset driver is loaded.  Typically standby is grey when they feature is not enabled in the OS.  There is a power options control panel that should show some details.  If standby isnt listed under the advanced tab in that control panel then the power management isnt enabled.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors