Views: 1,048
Message 1 of 17

m900 DP to HDMI not working

M900 FHX

ser no xxxxxxx

WIN 10 64 BIT

BIOS  UPDATED ON 12/22/17 TO FWKT58A,9/5/2016

Intel 530 graphics

I am using 3 monitors, VGA (working), DP to DVI ( working) and trying to add a DP to HDMI.  I am using a passive cable ( the combination of the cable and monitor are working on a Dell laptop).

When I add this third monitor the M900 system does not detect it.  I have run a third monitor( DP to DVI which works) so I know the system will detect 3 monitors.

The DP port is marked DP++ so I assumed a passive cable would work.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Mod:  obscured the serial no. per forum guidelines, to prevent it's unauthorized use

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,033
Message 2 of 17

Re: m900 DP to HDMI not working

Try this.

Default BIOS setting for the video Devices is [AUTO] and must be changed to [IGD] and then enable Multi-Monitor Support in the IGD section in BIOS video Setup, F10 Save and exit.

The following BIOS settings are required:

Select Active Video = IGD
Multi-Monitor Support = Enabled

d500
Paper Tape
Views: 1,029
Message 3 of 17

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunatley, those are the settings that are already active.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,028
Message 4 of 17

Have you tried switching the DVI and HDMI adapters at the ports on the M900?  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
d500
Paper Tape
Views: 1,026
Message 5 of 17

Thanks.  Just tried it and no go.  Think an active adapter would help?

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,010
Message 6 of 17

DP to HDMI should work perfectly with a single passive 2-ended cable (which I would always use instead of a 2-piece setup of DP->HDMI adapter + HDMI-HDMI cable).  DP can feed any digital monitor via DVI, DP or HDMI.  But HDMI connections are maybe the "most delicate" of the three because of the HDMI handshake that goes on (due to potential HDCP considerations).

What type of third monitor are you using?  Just for experimentation is it possible to swap the DVI and HDMI connections, reversing those two monitors?  Can you use DP on either monitor?  I'm sure both monitors have a DVI connector on them but depending on their age and cost they may or may not also have DP and/or HDMI connectors.

d500
Paper Tape
Views: 1,008
Message 7 of 17

Thanks.

I am using a 3 Sceptre 24 in. monitors.  one has dvi , hdmi and vga ( now working on DVI).  2nd and 3rd have vga and hdmi( one working on vga)  the third is the one that I cannot get to work on the dp to hdmi. I am using a cable with no adapter.

SeniorGuru
Views: 973
Message 8 of 17

@d500 wrote:

Thanks.

I am using a 3 Sceptre 24 in. monitors.  one has dvi , hdmi and vga ( now working on DVI).  2nd and 3rd have vga and hdmi( one working on vga)  the third is the one that I cannot get to work on the dp to hdmi. I am using a cable with no adapter.

Just to gather data points, can you try using that first monitor which has DVI, HDMI and VGA (and which you currently are successfully using the DP->DVI connection with) using the same DP port on the M900 but instead with the DP->HDMI cable you're currently having no success with on your third monitor?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 966
Message 9 of 17

Failing all else, completely uninstall the graphics driver (meaning using Device Manager, uninstall and delete the driver multiple times, rebooting between, until you see the same driver version 2 or 3 times -- this will be the driver in the base Win 10 install), then install the latest driver from the Lenovo support page for this system (have this file already downloaded ready to go.)  

Edit:  see my last post in this thread

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
d500
Paper Tape
Views: 958
Message 10 of 17

I tried that monitor with the hdmi and it does not work.  I also contacted Lenovo to see if there are any video driver updates and it looks like there is none for the Intel 530. There final decision is to replace the motherboard.  I am not so sure that is the issue since I have 3 of these machines ( 2 I5 and 1 I7) and would not like to replace all the boards Also, when I contacted INtel they said that they could not update it since the board had custom software.

I saw another suggestion to delete the existign driver and download the INtel driver.  Sound reasonable?  thanks again for your response.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors