Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kilg0reTr0ut
Paper Tape
Views: 520
Message 1 of 2

m900 SFF - Install 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD - Looking for PCIe x4 / x16 adapter

Hi All,

I would like to upgrade the m900 with a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD. Given that this drive is quite fast and given that my model only seems to have PCIe 2.0, I think that I should not connect the drive to the small and slower PCIe x1 slot. For this reason, I am looking for a PCIe to m.2 adapter that fits into the larger x16 or x4 slot however I am having a hard time finding one that you can buy here in Germany.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 489
Message 2 of 2

Re: m900 SFF - Install 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD - Looking for PCIe x4 / x16 adapter

@Kilg0reTr0ut wrote:

I would like to upgrade the m900 with a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD. Given that this drive is quite fast and given that my model only seems to have PCIe 2.0

You might want to check where you got your information, ThinkCentres have not used PCIe 2.0 for a number of generations, my recollection is M91p was the last.  This thread has the info you are looking for:  M900 SFF & Tower: how to boot from M.2 SSD (PCIe, NVMe)

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors