Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevesrl
Paper Tape
Views: 6,127
Message 1 of 6

m9215-d2u multimedia audio driver

I cannot find anywhere a device driver for the onboard multimedia audio controller for this thinkcenter  (m 9215-d2u) - It is the only device with a question mark under device manager. When I go to the IBM support web page, the only driver download is for reltekaudio and this doesn't install a device driver.
Message Edited by stevesrl on 07-11-2008 12:28 PM
dulanyalex
What's DOS?
Views: 5,883
Message 2 of 6

multimedia audio controller and ethernet controller missing after XP reinstallation

I reinstalled XP on my ThinkCentre 8148/22U and now have neither multimedia audio controller nor ethernet controller. I have been to the Lenovo downloads site, but downloading the drivers that the site points to has not solved the problem.

DulanyAlex

stevesrl
Paper Tape
Views: 5,869
Message 3 of 6

Re: multimedia audio controller and ethernet controller missing after XP reinstallation

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-57033

This takes you the driver for your network adapter.

netnubar
802.11n
Views: 5,846
Message 4 of 6

Re: m9215-d2u multimedia audio driver

Hullo stevesrl,

Odd... so after downloading the package and extracting it to the designated folder and then clicking setup (once everything has been extracted), you don't get a driver?

I'm assuming you downloaded from the link below and followed all of the instructions listed?

(defective link removed) 

Message Edited by netnubar on 08-08-2008 04:12 PM
dulanyalex
What's DOS?
Views: 5,833
Message 5 of 6

The link that you posted goes to Lenovo's apologies:
Our apologies

There is a problem retrieving the document MIGR-64807Â .

However, I had the Lenovo site determine the approriate drivers for ethernet (it agrees that the corrrect driver is at http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-57033) which I downloaded, and 'installed', except that when I had finished nothing was any different. The system device driver stills sees no driver.

So, not really knowing what I'm doing here since I've never had downloading and installing fail to solve a missing driver problem, I'm wondering if there is something else that an OS reinstallatin wipes out that keeps the driver from installing/working.

Dulany

netnubar
802.11n
Views: 5,801
Message 6 of 6

Hey stevesrl and Dulany,

Yes indeed... the link does not work (so, I've removed it). It should have landed you right on the page with the audio driver.

Once you've downloaded the driver package and launched the executable (to extract the files to a designated folder), you have to go to that same newly created folder and launch setup and this should result in a proper installation of the driver.  This procedure would apply to your ethernet driver as well, Dulany.  I'm not sure if you have done this.

If you've done all this and still have no driver - well, that would be a truly knotty problem.

I wouldn't have thought that an OS reinstallation would wipe out anything required for a driver to function normally.

Message Edited by netnubar on 08-08-2008 04:38 PM

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors