cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnoo
Punch Card
Views: 7,083
Message 11 of 16

Re: "Error 0162 - Setup data integrity check failure" after updating BIOS via Thinkvantage

I also had the problem, after installing new BIOS update 1.70 from the Solution Centre/Systems update, machine would not wake from sleep.

Machine is still under Warranty so engineer came out, changed Motherboard, & said it's an error on the BIOS Update release from Lenovo.

Looking on the web site the latest BIOS is version F1KT70A which I'm imformed is the same as 1.70 on the Solution centre.

So why have Lenovo left it there to give users & themselves problems? That now is the critical question

kdqaisi
What's DOS?
Views: 5,924
Message 12 of 16

Re: "Error 0162 - Setup data integrity check failure" after updating BIOS via Thinkvantage

Hello,

Thank you so much; I applied the instrcutions and it works OK now Smiley Happy

SteveFellwock
What's DOS?
Views: 5,371
Message 13 of 16

Simply press F1 to enter setup, press F10 to save and exit. The system will reboot with the update applied.

However, this does not resolve the issue of the Error 0162 appearing in the first place. Users tend to get concerned with any error, let alone a boot error "Error 0162: Setup data integrity check failure."

I have had this appear on a ThinkCentre M82 and a ThinkCentre M73.

SteveFellwock
What's DOS?
Views: 5,371
Message 14 of 16

This is not a solution to the problem. It is the method to get past the problem when it appears. (Also, just press F1 to enter setup, F10 to save and exit).

juan_ladines
What's DOS?
Views: 3,073
Message 15 of 16

Thank you very much. it worked.

Marcin_TLX
Paper Tape
Views: 867
Message 16 of 16

If other solutions fails, another is to prepare CD or Pendrive with newest update and try to flasch in maintenence mode.

1.unplug powercord
2 find CLR_CMOS jumper add change position from pins 1 and 2 to 2 and 3
3 plug powercord
4 plug Pendrive or insert CD and turn on computer.
5 wait until it flasch BIOS
6 if succes it will stay off
7 unplug powercord, set back the jumper to 1 and 2, turn on computer.
8 naw make one more update in standart way.
for me it warked.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors