Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fhi
Punch Card
Views: 191
Message 1 of 4

"VpShellRes.dll could not be found"

Since 10/20/2019, "VpShellRes.dll could not be found" pops up when I try to right click on titles of files in My Documents (mostly) and elsewhere.

Think Centre, MS windows 7 pro, service pack 1, 64 bit, Intel core, i53470 CPU@ 3.20 GHz, Intel64 family 6 model 58, stepping 9, processor count: 4, RAM 3917 Mb, graphics card: Intel(R) HD, graphics 1830Mb
Guru
Views: 161
Message 2 of 4

Re: "VpShellRes.dll could not be found"

Were you running Symantec End point protection and uninstalled it?  Be very careful with registry editing.

https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.tech153712.html

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpshellresdll-could-not-be-found-in-win10-syst...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

fhi
Punch Card
Views: 143
Message 3 of 4

I just now wrote a short paragraph trying to pinpoint exactly how the problem occurred, but before I could click Post, got distracted by "Click here for a discussion on popups."

Like a fool I clicked, got no discussion, and what I'd written was erased.

I'll try again when I'm wide awake.

Think Centre, MS windows 7 pro, service pack 1, 64 bit, Intel core, i53470 CPU@ 3.20 GHz, Intel64 family 6 model 58, stepping 9, processor count: 4, RAM 3917 Mb, graphics card: Intel(R) HD, graphics 1830Mb
fhi
Punch Card
Views: 138
Message 4 of 4

Hey, the reply popped up again, out of nowhere:

A few weeks ago, about the time I renewed Norton antivirus, my Symantec Endpoint Protection "Disabled" itself. I couldn't Enable it again. After the popups became intolerable, someone suggested I use the Control Panel to uninstall the SEP, then reinstall it, to solve the problem. Uninstalling it was easy, but I'd assumed the Control Panel had a copy of the SEP to reinstall. It didn't. The popups keep on.

About the proposed regedit: I took a dry run through it, and this clumsy old coot (born before Pearl Harbor) doesn't want to risk it. I'll ask around.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors