Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Denz77
Paper Tape
Views: 173
Message 1 of 2

thinkcentre M715q tiny ryzen 2200ge vram allocation

Just recently purchase Thinkcentre m715q tiny with Ryzen 3 pro 2200ge with 8(2x4gb)-2666mhz. I've dowloaded amd radeon setting, vram allocate is 256mb. went into bios 512mb is the higest setting. please need help would like a least 1gb of ram, 2 would be better

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 150
Message 2 of 2

Re: thinkcentre M715q tiny ryzen 2200ge vram allocation

I'm much more familiar with Intel processors, but my understanding is that the Vega integrated gpu operates similarly (see this article.) 

Techspot -- AMD Raven Ridge reserved memory explained - Feb 2018

The way it works with the Intel processors, is that the vram amount in the bios is the amount 'dedicated ' to the GPU (some older games/apps require 'dedicated' memory, and it sets a minimum base of memory for the gpu for when system memory with Windows gets tight), and additional memory is dynamically allocated out of main system memory up to 1.7 GB or 2 GB depending on the gpu model.   ThinkCentre with Intel graphics: How to increase VRAM? Games won't open (video memory, dedicated)

You can download and run the GPU-Z app while you are gaming to see the amount of memory dynamically used by the gpu.  Be aware that some newer games require 8 GB memory, that's without your system trying to allocate 1 - 2 GB memory for the gpu. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors