Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christopherjb
What's DOS?
Views: 621
Message 1 of 2

trouble with the PCI on device manager Thinkcentre M91p

I  would appreciate anyone's help.

I wanted to connect two monitors, one through the VGA port and another through the HDMI port.  My computer recognizes the VGA monitor, but not the other monitor which is hooked to the HDMI.

I have a HDMI to DVI converter plugged into the HDMI port.  Then, I have a cable to connect the converter to my DVI monitor.

When start up my computer, the DVI monitor is blank.  I have tested the DVI monitor, and it is ok.

I have an exclamation mark in device manager for "PCI serial port."  When I delete the device and reboot, the system looks for a driver, but cannot find it.

I  tried updating multiple drivers from Lenovo site, but no success.

Anyone with ideas how to get this device to start working again?

Thanks.

gmb019
Paper Tape
Views: 442
Message 2 of 2

Re: trouble with the PCI on device manager Thinkcentre M91p

Did you discover the driver for that device?  I also have the same unknown device.  Unless you have a dedicated video card, that machine has a display port, not HDMI.  Dual monitor will work with the intel onboard graphics as I'm using it with VGA and HDMI (through DP to HDMI adapter) monitors.

If you've got Just an HDMI cable, and just have onboard graphics, check to make sure you haven't damaged the port, and try adding an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter.  HDMI ports are symetrical, DP ports are larger and not symetrical.  Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors