Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommygun
Paper Tape
Views: 1,899
Message 1 of 10

upgrading gfx card in m91p?

I bought this second hand

Intel Core i7-2600 Processor, 8GB, 500GB 7200RPM S-ATA HDD, no diskette drive, PCI/PCIe Tower (4x5), Intel HD Graphics, DVD Recordable, Gigabit Ethernet, Windows 7 Professional 64, new Coolermaster 500w PSU.

The onboard is intel HD 1000 (gt) or similar and I got a Radeon hd5450 with it which is o.k.

I have an old Radeon HD 4850 and have tried to install that

installed the 4850 (it just fits) added the power.

Computer boots, no post, no beepsand th ehd4850's fan powers up. Windows starts! I just get no signal to monitor. The card works fine in another machine.

Ive installed latest bios 9HKT58AUS 0/10/2014

What is the best gfx card i can upgrade this machine to...it seems a bit tight in there.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,889
Message 2 of 10

Re: upgrading gfx card in m91p?

I got a full-height over-clocked Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti with dual fans in mine  (it's shorter than some with dual fans.)      Fits and works great.   It does need one 6-pin PCIe power connectors, so it does need an after market psu.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Tommygun
Paper Tape
Views: 1,877
Message 3 of 10

Thanks fpr the quick reply, Ill go and take a look. Im really bummed my HD4850 does work at all, its all I needed as I only play old games. Ill take the box into the shop to be sure it works before i splash out. Im suspecting its been slightly neutered as an OEM board.

Tommygun
Paper Tape
Views: 1,865
Message 4 of 10

I bit the bullet and just bought a gtx 750Ti and it works fine. Happy days, I can play my 10 year ols game again.

NavidBoy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,735
Message 5 of 10

hello,

So i've got a m91p desktop pc and I upgraded to Win 10.

I wanted to add a Nvidia gtx 950 to my Pc but I can't find drivers for my Pci serial port, the gpu isn't detected by the pc!

I've done every update possible today and I used the lenovo solution centre and it detected the port!

What should I do?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,728
Message 6 of 10

The Sandy Bridge processors in the M91p are not supported for Win 10 by Intel, and Lenovo doesn't have Win 10 drivers for it. You may find the drivers you need elsewhere, but only Win 7 and 8/8.1 are supported. The GTX 950 is a brand new card, and the 900 series is recent, the BIOS, last updated in 2014, may not recognize it. The top card known to work with and without an upgraded power supply is a 750 Ti.
I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
NavidBoy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,720
Message 7 of 10

so if i understand correctly i have to downgrade to windows 8.1 or older to have my GPU supported?

Oh by the way: thx for your quick reply!

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,708
Message 8 of 10

No, it sounded like 2 seperate issues:   the PCI slot drivers, and having the GPU detected.   Downgrading the OS isn't going to solve the BIOS not recognizing the graphics card.    If you're at the latest BIOS, and it's not recognized, there's nothing that can be done.  

NavidBoy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,689
Message 9 of 10

But the thing is how do I know if i've correctly upgraded my BIOS? And I want to say that by one way or another, my GPU was detected as a Microsoft basic GPU once (not anymore) so it isn't a BIOS problem but truly a PCI e problem!
Smiley Indifferent
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,686
Message 10 of 10

Run 'System Information', on the first page you'll see BIOS version/date.   Post that info here. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors