Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-12-2020

Italy

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Absolutely disgusting display - E14 2nd gen

2020-09-12, 10:10 AM

Hi everybody. This is my first experience with a personal/new thinkpad, specifically a 20T6000SIX.

The FIRST thing I noticed yesterday after getting it delivered and turning it on, is the absolutely terrible, terrible display. The backlight bleeding is insanely bad, my 150€ Chuwi tablet PC from 2017 looks way way better. Aside from that, it lowers and raises the brightness automatically depending on the windows I have open and the things I look at... and I can't find any setting at all to disable that stuff. Contrast is terrible too.

Overall the machine looks and feels good and solid, tho this display is really the worst I've looked at since ever.

Now, I live in Italy and I have no idea of how good/bad lenovo's support is. I'm concerned that every E14 display is like mine...  honestly for this price I expected something better.

Do you have any experience with RMAs? How long could it take to get it fixed? Thank you! 

Options

8 Posts

11-12-2017

India

13 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Absolutely disgusting display - E14 2nd gen

2020-09-19, 5:12 AM

Had the same issue with the gen 1 E14. The display is absolutely terrible. Even my 10-year-old ideapad has better colour accuracy than the E14. Here in India I had to fight with the customer service a lot to get the display replaced under warranty and even then they left a few scratches on the top lid of the machine while replacing it. The replacement panel has a bit less backlight bleed but the colour accuracy is still horrible. 
You'll just have to deal with it.

"From a galaxy far far away."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms