Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

11-08-2015

Iran (Islamic Republic of)

5 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 2

Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled error message

2016-01-01, 8:38 AM

Hi, I have a Lenovo E440 laptop and have set the graphic processor to Intel within the BIOS settings. Although the laptop has an nVidia chip, it is now disabled from the BIOS, so I didn't install the driver.

As I run "powercfg /energy" from the command prompt in Windows 10, I see this error message in the report:

Platform Power Management Capabilities : PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

There are a lot of posts on the web (for example this post from 2011 on the lenovo forum) however every person has its own problem! the question how can I identify that buggy hardware?

Is that related to the nVidia?

I also checked the BIOS version on the driver page. The currectl release is 2.22 while mine is the stock version 2.16. However, I didn't see any sympton about that PCI problem in the changelog of the previous versions (2.17, 2.18, 2.19, 2.20.

Any idea on that?
Options

28 Posts

01-28-2014

Bulgaria

137 Signins

1150 Page Views

• Views: 1150
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled error message

2016-02-21, 16:35 PM

same here with lenovo z710.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms