Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

02-13-2021

Norway

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 11 of 28

Re:BSOD WDF_VIOLATION when connected to dock

2021-02-13, 10:50 AM

I am experiencing the same thing with my X1 Carbon 5th gen and the newly bought ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock. Bluescreen and then automatic restart. It happens every time with Teams when using both internal screen and the external screen. Have updated everything, firmware and drivers, uninstalled and installed again. Tried to uninstall a windows update which also came in the period of purchasing the dock, with no luck. There is a limited amount of time I have to struggle with this. Bought this dock because I had trouble with a Dell dock - also screen issues (the screen was flickering). If I disconnect the dock and connect the external screen directly to computer, things works fine. It has to be a driver issue.

Options

12 Posts

11-20-2019

Germany

54 Signins

248 Page Views

• Views: 248
  • Message 12 of 28

2021-03-01, 6:18 AM

You don’t have to disconnect the complete dock. A quick fix is to disconnect the Ethernet network cable from the dock.

You could try to uninstall the Realtek/Lenovo USB network card in device manager. Tick the checkbox to remove the driver while uninstalling.

10.44 and 10.43 are the bad driver versions. 10.39 is the good one.

Keep in mind that the driver might be updated through Windows Update again.

I’ve seen systems where I could not install the driver. Then download this driver  

https://download.lenovo.com/km/media/attachment/USBCG2.zip and switch the driver manually in device manager pointing to the downloaded driver files.

Hope that Realtek will fix this soon! 

Options

2 Posts

02-11-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 13 of 28

2021-03-01, 14:23 PM

I think it is important to note, that the .39 driver version works and does not cause BSODs but, using Microsoft teams will cause the ethernet device to crash and lose network connectivity. If you are using driver .39 be sure to plug the ethernet cable directly into your laptop if you are using MS teams. Good luck and hopefully Lenovo will fix this issue soon.

Options

1 Posts

03-07-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 14 of 28

2021-03-07, 14:37 PM

We use ThinkPad X1 Yogas in our office. We are seeing this exact same behavior - blue screen and WDF errors when connecting to Lenovo Dock and when using Thunderbolt adapters. Please Lenovo will you release a BIOS update / drive fix? We've installed latest ThinkPad BIOS Update -10 (64) - 1.16, latest drivers, latest updates - all to no avail.

Options

12 Posts

11-20-2019

Germany

54 Signins

248 Page Views

• Views: 248
  • Message 15 of 28

2021-03-13, 18:45 PM

@ Greyhouse wrote:

We use ThinkPad X1 Yogas in our office. We are seeing this exact same behavior - blue screen and WDF errors when connecting to Lenovo Dock and when using Thunderbolt adapters. Please Lenovo will you release a BIOS update / drive fix? We' installed latest ThinkPad BIOS Update -10 (64) - 1.16, latest drivers, latest updates - all to no avail.

Like i wrote above: rollback the Realtek network card driver. This driver causes the bluescreens.

BIOS update does not help, latest drivers also not -> the latest Realtek driver is the bad one.

Options

3 Posts

06-02-2021

Canada

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 16 of 28

2021-06-02, 16:16 PM

I have many customers using T580, T590 and T15's that are experiencing the same BSOD when connected to the the USB C Gen 2 dock. Lenovo, please get this fixed!

Options

4195 Posts

08-02-2018

Singapore

833 Signins

21639 Page Views

• Views: 21639
  • Message 17 of 28

2021-06-03, 22:39 PM

Aside from reaching out to the respective technical support teams for your regions, you may also submit a report using the Feedback hub on the support page.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

1 Posts

05-09-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 18 of 28

2021-06-04, 16:54 PM

I am not sure how to use this forum, or even whether I have posted the below before. Aplogies.

I have a Lenovo Carbon 6th Gen. My wife has a 5th gen. Both are Win 10 and totally up to date. We have four Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 docks. Everyone produces a BSOD with a WDF violation for both computers. When we bypass the dock to use the original power supply, a video monitor attached to the video port and a Lenovo ethernet connector to the ethernet port on each computer, we do not get the BOSD. However, when I used a Lenovo ethernet to C connector on the Carbon 6th gen, I got the BSOD WSD violation again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options

4195 Posts

08-02-2018

Singapore

833 Signins

21639 Page Views

• Views: 21639
  • Message 19 of 28

2021-06-04, 22:38 PM

Hi Alfiek!

Welcome to community forums

I suggest you post on the correct board because most fellow users(support team, enthusiast, mods, etc) patrol the boards based on the topic posted.

I suggest you update the post after installing the driver and firmware of the docking station from the support site.

Regards

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

06-17-2021

Netherlands

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 20 of 28

2021-06-17, 14:21 PM

Hello All,

I've got the same issue. 

I've got a Lenovo ThinkpPad T580 and with the Lenovo USB Ethernet Realteck 10.44.12.14.2020 driver there will be a WDF_Violation error.

This depends when this happens. Most of the times when there is extra network activity ask (double browser or other programs like Adobe reader is requesting a website.

The solution I use is to downgrade to the ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C and USB-A Dock Ethernet driver 10.33.419.2019 driver. 

Unfortunate Windows will update the driver. I have to disable the auto update of this driver.

I hope there will be a better driver soon for this problem.

With regards,

Otto

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms