Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-25-2019

Germany

1 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 2

CPU upgrade for e530 i73632QM

2019-12-25, 11:54 AM

Hey I`m currently looking to upgrade my e530 with an new CPU and a new GPU.

Also i will upgrade the Ram from 8 to 16 gb.

For the GPU I haven´t looked anything and I´m also not very informed about GPUs in general. So any suggestions which ones i can think of were great.

For the CPU I am thinking of i7 7740x or i7 8700k. The 8700k is quite expensive and hard to find used. So before i buy that as a new component i would like to buy i7 9700F.

The Problem is, that i don´t know at all wether it is possible to upgrade with these CPU´s.

Any suggestions what else I can do. Also thinkig about putting in an SSD with 128 gb instaed of my 1tb hdd.

Any suggestions?

I´m glad for any Help :)

Options

4 Posts

11-05-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

42 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 42
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: CPU upgrade for e530 i73632QM

2019-12-30, 9:10 AM

Upgrading the CPU is possible - the i7-3632M is a pretty powerful CPU, but these are the compatible

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/codename/29902/ivy-bridge.html#@Mobile

You can't put different Gen CPUs in, they are not socket compatible.

RAM upgrades will be in the form of 8GB update (one free slot, but please check this is not in a 4+4 configuration already). Maximum installed RAM is 16GB. Ideally, match the existing model (use HWiNFO or remove the cover to check).

SSD uprgrade, simple to use a 2.5" SATA-III drive.

Some E530 came with a 16GB SmartCache, but this would be at the expense of a WWAN module in the sole upgrade slot.

You will see most uplift from the SSD and then RAM if you use apps that are heavy RAM users. But if the SmartCache is installed the jump to 'pure' SSD will be less drastic. From just a 5400/7200 drive it will be pretty decent.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms