Options

133 Posts

05-14-2014

CA

93 Signins

929 Page Views

• Views: 929
  • Message 1 of 2

E460 Battery issues, shuts down, goes to 0% battery and then back even after replacement...

2020-08-24, 13:19 PM

Hi Lenovo team,

I have a 3-year-old E460 that was brought in for power issues (specifically the battery). The battery in Vantage toolbar would show as having a high percentage change and then suddenly, Windows would show a warning saying the battery is low and the battery in Vantage goes down to 0% for two seconds, then it goes back to the same percentage charged. Also, sometimes despite Vantage showing lots of battery life, the laptop would power down without warning.

All of this is occurring while the AC adapter is plugged in.

Figuring it was the battery, I replaced the battery with a brand new one, and I let it charge, and it is still showing the same problems.

I tried re-calibrating the battery, but so far the efforts have been fruitless as it is still going to 0% intermittently for two seconds and then going back to its charge %. I don't even know if the battery calibration is working properly.

So I am not sure if maybe the battery is faulty or if it's something with the charging circuitry or if there's a sensor that is faulty or what the problem is.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!!

Options

133 Posts

05-14-2014

CA

93 Signins

929 Page Views

• Views: 929
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:E460 Battery issues, shuts down, goes to 0% battery and then back even after replacement...

2020-09-02, 18:10 PM

The laptop is only three years old and after trying several failed attempts at calibrating the battery and even after a clean install of Windows 10, the issue still persisted. I believe at this point it may be the system board.

Does anybody have any other suggestions or ideas being as this laptop is not that old?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete