06-24-2019

GB

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

E490 Trackpad Problem

2019-06-24, 10:12 AM

I've had my E490 for a few months now.  I'm mostly happy, but one thing is driving me near-insane.

The trackpad is pretty awful as trackpads go anyway, my fingers stick on it an awful lot and I can see the pointer stepping if I move it diagonally, but the _really_ annoying problem I have is that every so often, a few minutes after booting, the trackpad will start intermitently ignoring my presses.  As in I have to press it two or three times to get the pointer moving or the two-fingered scroll working.

This continues for a while until the pointer just stops moving altogther and I have to resort to the nub to move it.  After a few minutes of _this_ the trackpad will suddenly start working again and be fine for another few days,

I'm assuming this is the drivers being stalled by some other process either starting up or checking for updates, but I've killed off everything else, the CPU is idling, yet still the pointer does not move.  I've got the latest drivers from what I can tell so I'm out of options that I'm aware of.

Anyone else have this problem?  And know how to solve it?

Options

3 Posts

06-24-2019

GB

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: E490 Trackpad Problem

2019-06-30, 9:10 AM

Well, given the lack of replies, the problem is obviously not as widespread as I thought.

In the meantime on the advice of Windows support I have tried:

Updating the driver - Driver is already at the latest version (from December 2018 it seems).

Uninstalling the driver - Same driver is reinstall with the same problems.

Contacting Lenovo support - This is apparently completely impossible.

So far, 0/10.  Even bloody Acer  were better than this - at least they replied.  :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms