Options

136 Posts

05-14-2014

Canada

94 Signins

934 Page Views

• Views: 934
  • Message 1 of 2

E580 lagging remote desktop connection issues...

2018-12-05, 19:36 PM

Hi Lenovo Community,

I have a tricky problem here with a laptop brought into us from a client. This is an E580 Thinkpad (Type 20KS) it has Windows 10. As of now, it is still under warranty and the client already contacted Lenovo about this.

The issues they are having are as follows:

1.) Whenever they remote desktop into their work computer/server, it takes a while for it to connect and after it does connect, it lags behind and stutters badly. For example, they could be typing a whole sentence and could take as much as 5-10 seconds to appear on the remote desktop screen.

2.) When they use Citrix to remote into a remote computer while an external monitor is connected using HDMI, when they remote into it, the remote desktop login on the Citrix screen starts to "flash" and when they finally do get logged in, it starts to act funky, meaning it switches between Windows and acts crazy. When the screen gets disconnected, it returns to normal.

I'm thinking it may be a video problem or something. Has anyone encountered this problem or have a suggestion?

The problems the client is having have been occurring since Day 1 that they got this laptop. All drivers and BIOS is up-to-date. I'm running diagnostics on the laptop. No other laptop that remotes into the same server/workplace has this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Solved! See the solution
Options

136 Posts

05-14-2014

Canada

94 Signins

934 Page Views

• Views: 934
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: E580 lagging remote desktop connection issues...

2018-12-10, 15:51 PM

Believe the issues with remote desktop have been resolved. The lagging remote desktop we believe was caused by Enpass Password Manager running in the background. After disabling it, remote desktop was much more responsive and working properly. Thinking it might be tracking keylogs or something.

For the Citrix remote desktop issue, it was a known issue with DPI settings on the laptop. It was set at 125%. I changed it back to 100% and it worked fine. Tried a couple of workarounds, none of which worked.

So it was software, not hardware.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms