07-23-2010

USA

19 Signins

276 Page Views

• Views: 276
  • Message 1 of 3

Edge of the Edge

2010-08-11, 0:33 AM

Am considering purchasing an Edge 14 and am curious about the the front edge.  Is it sharp, or comfortable?  I have a Y430 and found the front edge to be very sharp and irritating to my hands.  Swore I would never buy a laptop without a curved edge, but this machine looks like a good one.

Thanks.

Options

116 Posts

07-04-2009

Connecitcut

112 Signins

1033 Page Views

• Views: 1033
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Edge of the Edge

2010-08-12, 5:56 AM

The Edge has no Edge LOL!

It is rounded at the corners and the lip is smooth.

The plastic frame however can be uneven and have a slightly defined / raised area. (this is on the inside by the keyboard)

Although I don't feel this warrants MUCH concern since your palms will be rested on the mid-center of the lower end.

Options

10 Posts

07-08-2010

Israel

30 Signins

341 Page Views

• Views: 341
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Edge of the Edge

2010-08-13, 20:08 PM

Actually the Edge 14" does have a distinct front edge when open that will dig into your wrists and leave marks while using it, it it not rounded or sloped.  There is a distinct line/crease seperating top from front.  A sloped or rounded down front  lip would be much more ergonomic and comfortable.  On a laptop this is a big factor to consider when choosing a model so your question is a good one.  I won't buy another laptop unless there is no sharp front edge, who wants that digging into their wrists all the time?  Macbooks are like that and one of the reasons I won't buy one.  I'd say go for another model or brand with the rounded front sloping forward whichi will be easier on your wrists, not the Edge which definitely has an edge!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms