Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

07-22-2009

USA

43 Signins

748 Page Views

• Views: 748
  • Message 1 of 2

Edge - wireless switching issue -Model 14in (0578CTO) with WAN+ Wireless LAN

2011-03-21, 7:58 AM

Hello Everyone ;

Well after a very disappointing call to the LOCAL LENOVO TECH SUPPORT; I am here looking for a solutions to my issue;

I have been given this THINKPAD EDGE 14in - as a result of my W Series having developing major issues. I have updated all the drivers and Windows updates and was ready to use it for my work. Since I travel a lot (yes a lot = new day in new town every 24-48hrs around the world - and thus currently in Christchurch NZ!!!! )

I installed my Wireless BroadBand SIM card in the slot ( which is already retrieved from the W Series - so I know its working well) and put in slot and proceeded to turn on - after pluggin in the battery and power !

It booted up and I hit the "antenna" button (nope EDGE dont have FN=F5 key!!!) to get and SELECT which wirelesses option I want to use; i.e. ETHER use WIRELESS BROADBAND or WIRELESS LAN . To my surprise I couldn't choose..... and both were turned on r both turned off.

I cannot choose to use ONE (wireless broadband) or WIRELESS LAN .... as when I press the "button with radio antenna logo - it  gives me another window . I can only switch off or switch on .... and the MASTER CONTROL options seems not able to or does not function.  I know this option ( MASTER CONTROL)  = will and does give you the option to switch off and on EACH WIRELESS  ie , either use BROADBAND or WIRELESS LAN and which ever one you use , you can switch the other one off. This way you dont use your data plan if you dont want to , and there is no RADIO interferences from both being turned on ....

I called the Tech Support and the person answering the call was even more frustrating ..... and needless to say its very frustrating when the TECH PERSON knows less or near nothing about this MODEL !!! So after what seemed painful long time on hold he gave me a REFERENCE TICKET NUMBER and told me someone will call me back in 24-48hrs!!!

I haven't installed NOR done anything to this laptop apart from INSERT a SIM CARD ,.... which had already a SIM card there ( I replaced a SIM  to my data plan  - so that I dont use someone else's SIM that might have been accidentally left in the slot)

Does anyone know how to do this switch ?  very much appreciate your URGENT HELP on this matter

Ps sorry for typos , and grammar's  etc .. am juz a lazy type ,,,,
Cheers

Thinkpads - W;X &T Series (work)
Home- T60p;T43p;T20
few others
Options

4414 Posts

01-22-2010

United States of America

38787 Signins

586356 Page Views

• Views: 586356
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Edge - wireless switching issue -Model 14in (0578CTO) with WAN+ Wireless LAN

2011-03-24, 1:05 AM

The only thing I can think of is maybe reinstalling the hotkeys.  You "are" supposed to be able to switch things on and off in that window that comes up.  

The only other way I can think of is disabling one or the other in device manager, but that would be a drag doing that all the time.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms