Options

1 Posts

01-17-2012

Mastic. New York

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 4

Intermittent "double-space" error when using space bar.

2012-01-17, 13:14 PM

Greetings Fellow ThinkPad Users:

I recently bought two E520's (Dec. 6th, 2011). One performed perfectly. The second one however, had a defective "B" memory slot which prevented me from up-grading its RAM to 8GB, and exhibited an intermittent double-space problem when typing. This is an occasional problem, occurring only once or twice per line of text. Since I am a writer, one can see how this might be extremely irritating. 

I shipped this machine down to the Repair Center in Memphis, where they replaced the systems-board and keyboard. They also re-imaged the hard-drive, effectively returning to me a virtually new machine. Astonishingly, despite these Herculean efforts, I still experience the same double-space error that I experienced originally. Quite frustrated, as one might imagine, I entered into the device manager and adjusted the "Typematic" function to the lowest speed possible. Actually, this did help somewhat, but I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any advice concerning a possible solution to this  annoying enigma? I would more than appreciate any feedback offered.........

Options

4094 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38391 Signins

573956 Page Views

• Views: 573956
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Intermittent "double-space" error when using space bar.

2012-01-18, 2:27 AM

Hi phenoixrisen and welcome to the community,

I know one thing that might work.

Go into Control Panel, keyboard, under character repeat move the slider for set delay to long.  

That gives a slight delay before a key will repeat.  It might just be enough.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Options

5 Posts

01-10-2016

United States

7 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-01-10, 13:39 PM
Tried t his option, resolved it for just a day... but no absolute resolution...is there no one facing the same issue with a resolution?
Options

1 Posts

08-24-2016

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-08-24, 16:50 PM

I had the same problem with a Thinkpad E540 purchased in December 2015.  On an average day I would have to correct dozens of unintended double spaces.  This would happen with other keys as well, but much less often.  It happened with both Windows and Linux MInt, so I don't think it was a driver issue.  I called Lenovo tech support, but the person I spoke with had not heard of the problem.  I called a local Lenovo service center, but they had not heard of the problem either. I had the system replaced, and the repacement did the same thing.  I retuned both for credit.  I may try another Thinkpad, but not until the next revision.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete