Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-02-2021

Australia

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 4

Just Ordered The Lenovo E14, Why Would Shipping Take 8+ Weeks?

2021-01-02, 6:46 AM

Hi guys, this is my first time purchasing something from Lenovo entirely. I apologise in advance if I have got some things wrong, or if I'm being stupid. I've recently ordered the Lenovo E14 on December 31, with the Intel Core i5-1135g7, 16GB SO-DIMM DDR4, etc, and was just wondering why my tracking is completely empty. When I click on the email that says "Your order is being processed now", it has a tracking button, and when I click it it shows the date I ordered this, but not even an estimated date of shipping or arrival. Is this normal, should I contact support (from what I know contacting support is helpless but its worth a shot)? I'm pretty sure although Intel has had a CPU shortage back in 2019, and shipping overseas from China is an issue, but I can't even get a date, regardless of the 8+ weeks of estimated shipping on the actual website? If anyone could please just share their experiences similar to this and how you managed it, that'd be great. Cheers

Options

6 Posts

01-29-2021

Estonia

3 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Just Ordered The Lenovo E14, Why Would Shipping Take 8+ Weeks?

2021-01-29, 21:16 PM

probably some stock issues

Options

1 Posts

02-09-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-09, 16:44 PM

If it makes you feel better (which I suspect it won't), I ordered a customized T14 AMD on November 20. The website originally estimated it would be 5 weeks before it shipped out--i.e., right around the new year. Then I was contacted by Sales saying it wasn't going to be delivered by the new year.  Eventually the order status page started being updated. Each time I checked, it seemed like the estimated date of shipping and arrival had been pushed back. It's been pushed back at least half a dozen times now, and I'm sitting at April 30 for the estimated shipping date.

Support has been somehow worse than useless. For one thing, they keep telling me "custom orders take more time"--well duh, but the problem is that Lenovo told me 5 WEEKS and now it's going to be at least 5 MONTHS.  They cannot give me any other detail on why the delays keep getting longer. If I knew the particular part or parts that were causing the delay, I might be able to find something actually comparable to go for instead.  

The most ridiculous thing is that support tells me that they will look into it and get back to me within 48 business hours. "Business hours."  Who the heck uses "business hours"?? What an obnoxious and sneaky way to say they're not going to bother with my concerns for at least a week. And, for what it's worth, they have never once followed up with me, despite me waiting with bated breath for all of those business hours to pass. 

I'm sorry that it sounds like you may be in the same boat as me--if you can find something the sales team that you think is comparable with what you ordered, my advice would be to jump on it, as the peace of mind may be worth whatever compromises you have to make.

Options

2 Posts

01-02-2021

Australia

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-09, 21:02 PM

Yeah man, I was originally, however I got out of it. I’ve had the laptop in hand for two weeks now. After a bit more digging, it always says 8+ weeks but ships in 3-4, just in time. Two weeks after I ordered it, the website changed to ships in 3 business days. I contacted Lenovo and got them to ship it out early. I apologise if it doesn’t sound good to you, and I hope it gets to you soon.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms