Australia

1 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo E570 Citrix session unresponsive

2017-06-27, 20:05 PM

Hi Guys,

I have bought a lenovo laptop last month for the sole purpose of wrok from home.

However, when I uses the citrix receiver the connection to work PC it connects but freezes after couple of clicks and becomes un-responsive

However, the same things works on my old windows 7 dell laptop.

This is what I have done so far but nothing has helped.

1. installed different versions of citrix receivers : 4.3.100, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6 & 4.7

2. Removed MacAffee

3. Updated Graphics Drivers.

4. Contacted Citrix customer support

5. Contacted PC supprot at work

6. Tried with different screen resolutions

7. Tried different browsers to start the session

8. Tried other PC/Laptop running windows 10 ( It works fine there)

9. Reset the laptop to factory settings

None of the above has helped.

Can you please advise on what should I do next as I need to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Here is my laptop configuration.

• Processor : Intel Core i7-7500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)
  • Operating System : Windows 10 Pro 64
  • Operating System Language : Windows 10 Pro 64 English
  • Display : 15.6 FHD (1920x1080) IPS Non-Touch
  • Display Panel : 15.6" FHD(1920x1080) IPS LED Blacklight AntiGlare Black
  • Memory : 16GB DDR4-2133MHz SODIMM
  • Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 2GB GDDR5
  • Keyboard : Keyboard with Number Pad - English
  • Pointing Device : UltraNav (TrackPoint and ClickPad) without Fingerprint Reader
  • Security Chip : Software TPM
  • Camera : 720p HD Camera with MIC
  • Second Hard Drive : 256GB SSD PCIe-NVMe OPAL2.0
  • Optical Device : DVD Recordable
  • Front Battery : 4 Cell Li-Cyllinder Battery 41WH
  • Power Cord : 90W AC Adapter (3pin) - Australia , New Zealand
  • Wireless : Intel Dual Band Wireless AC(2x2) 8265, Bluetooth Version 4.1
  • Language Pack : Publication - English
  • Stagelight for Education : None
  • Warranty : 1 Year Depot
Options

1 Posts

12-10-2016

United States of America

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo E570 Citrix session unresponsive

2017-07-26, 5:08 AM

I think I have a solution for you.  I setup laptops for field engineers who use the Citrix clients to log into their job management server, and we encountered a similar issue when we deployed the Lenovo Thinkpad E540 (Win 10 Pro 64).  I know it's not the same model as yours, but I think your problem may be caused by the same thing.  In our case, the mouse pointer became erratic and the engineer could not control the movement or make selection with the pointer.  I tried many things like you did to no avail, till I read on the Citrix forum about the Citrix software not working well with multiple monitors having different DPI.  So, I went into the display setting in Windows and saw that Windows had set the scaling for the laptop screen to 125% (recommended by Windows), while on the external monitor, the scaling was at 100%.  I changed the scaling for the laptop screen to 100% to match with the external monitor, then restarted the laptop.  And voila!  Problem solved!  The key here is: All the multiple monitors need to be on the same percentage of scaling in Windows display setting for Citrix to work properly.

Hope that helps!

Options

1 Posts

12-15-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo E570 Citrix session unresponsive

2017-12-15, 14:01 PM

Hi,

I am experiencing this issue now, the above advise does not work. Anything official from Lenovo on this?

Options

4 Posts

11-12-2020

Germany

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Lenovo E570 Citrix session unresponsive

2020-11-12, 11:48 AM

Hi, I am experiencing a similar issue with my Lenovo Laptop and Citrix Workspace. But some parts of the issue seem to be more complicated. When I set Citrix to start with booting, after switching power on I get a BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION, "System will be rebooted after collecting information". So after reboot all seems to be ok. Now I am trying to update to the current Citrix version and after downloading the file, installation begins and is being termineted by a BSOD. I opened an incident case 201101-000385, they told me to reset the Laptop to factory condition. Which I do not want to do, because then I would lose everything on that laptop. There must be a better solution. Now I read that thing about screenscaling, my setting is also at 125%. But I am using only the laptop screen - or was I misunderstanding the reply by "TechieSophie"? And I keep having an error message referring to some HID. Maybe the mouse? Should I try a simple Microsoft USB-mouse? Yesterday I was able to update the Laptop to the current Windows 10 Version 20H2 - it took hours, and the Task Manager displayed extreme CPU load of 80 - 98 %. I will write which model I am running when back home.

Ideapad 330 is the model. 

Apparently, I need more support.

Citrix Workspace isn't anymore in my autostart. Yet the BSOD comes.

I downloaded and executed the Lenovo diagnosis tool. Since I once had an error message about a HID, I tested the pointer. The test failed completely. Here's some excerpt:

ELAN pointing deviceErgebniscode:WTD0000700007-UG8W0F
UDI:HID\VEN_ELAN&DEV_061D&Col01
Anzahl der Tasten:2
Hersteller:ELAN
Hersteller-ID:ELAN
Produkt-ID:061D
Anschlusstyp:ACPI
Treiberversion:22.4.22.2

What can I do, plase? Deactivate that device? I anyway prefer using a mouse... I just wish to avoid that BSOD.

Ok, some more info. I had deactivated the ELAN pointing device, shut don the laptop, waited a minute, then power on.

No BSOD during launch.

I started Citrix, checked for updates, started updating Citrix. Update aborted, BSOD, error: "Driver verifyer detected violation".

What's next, please? 

Thanks for advices.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms