Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-28-2021

India

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad z510 : System Recovery not working through novo button.

2021-03-28, 9:39 AM

Hi all ,

I switched to an SSD from standard HDD, by creating a clone of my system, I had also included PBR_DRV , WINRE_DRV, SYSTEM_DRV and LSR_ESP hidden partitions. Sharing a screen shot of available and hidden system partitions for reference.

After restoring everything works fine except the system recovery from novo button. If I try to initiate system recovery when the system is on it goes into a failing recovery loop at start up.

Did i missed something which was essential for system recovery to work?

P.S: I did not backed up the D-Drive from my system.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this or do i have to forget about one key recovery now.

Thanks and Regards

Varun

Moderator comment: Moved to the proper forum. (NateS)

Options

44 Posts

04-05-2015

Spain

43 Signins

1038 Page Views

• Views: 1038
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Ideapad z510 : System Recovery not working through novo button.

2021-03-30, 12:00 PM

Yes I think you have to forget about 1 Key, with Win 10. In many ways this was a disaster laptop but I am still happily running it as an office laptop 7 years later. What I did was replace the hard drive with a SSD, max the ram, install Win 10 pro, replace the battery (they lied, the batteries were defective and a cheap Chinese non Lenovo replacement has been running great for 2 years) replace the cheap nasty screen with a £50 much much better one. and finally replace the rubbish DVD drive for a BLu Ray. I've also had to replace the fan - a cheap Chinese 1 to the rescue there too. What's left is basically Intel and Nvidia not Lenovo - which I'll never buy again. HP has been 100% reliable since then. Oh except the power adaptor died too because with i7 and Nvidia graphics it was seriously lacking - I replaced it with the 135 watt Z710 adaptor and it has run without throttling ever since.

I would forget any Lenovo software at all! With your SSD you have lost the recovery partition and with Win 10, it's impossible to get it back so you'll have to use other backup methods. I use enterprise Aomei Backupper, which has been 100% quick and effective.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms