Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-01-2021

Slovenia

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen2 - Fan Problem

2021-05-01, 22:44 PM

Hello, 

A couple days ago my Laptop suddenly became very slow. And it shouldn't be slow, cause it was working completly fine and smooth until now. Here are the specs:

• Intel Core i7-10510U
  • Motherboard: LENOVO 20RA001LGE (Chipset: Intel Comet Lake-U PCH-LP Premium)
  • 16GB of RAM
  • Intel UHD Graphics + AMD Radeon 640
  • Samsung 512GB SSD

At the first I didn't know what the problem was so I googled a bit and based on the advices the other people gave to other, I updated all of my drivers, updated Windows to the latest version, cleaned my Windows with a different softwares, and Windows Defender, but still my Laptop was very slow. Then I performed Diagnostics Test of all my components in BIOS and everything was alright. Then I noticed that my cooling fans aren't working when I'm normally logged in the Windows, but when the Laptop is booting up I can hear them spin, and while in BIOS they worked fine, but when the PC boots up, they stop. So I guess that's the problem why my Laptop is running slow when I'm using it. I tried using SpeedFan to see what's wrong with the fans, but that software doesn't even recognize them (the screenshot is attached). Also I tried to look for some fan settings in BIOS, but couldn't find anything. Also I tried using different Power Plans (Balanced and Ultimate), but the fans still don't work.

So my question is, does anyone know how to activate my cooling fans so they work in Windows also, not only BIOS. Or maybe I'm completely wrong, the problem may be something else that's making my Laptop very slow, not fans. I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Options

16 Posts

03-01-2021

Romania

49 Signins

270 Page Views

• Views: 270
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen2 - Fan Problem

2021-05-02, 13:23 PM

Try https://sourceforge.net/projects/tp4xfancontrol/

Options

3684 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

791 Signins

19112 Page Views

• Views: 19112
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-05-04, 15:07 PM

Hi there!

Welcome to community forums

Are you experiencing overheating? If yes, can you send us a screenshot of the temperature while in use?

Try manually installing the BIOS update here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e14-gen-2-type-20ta-20tb/downloads/driver-list/component?name=BIOS%2FUEFI

If the issue is the same, send a screenshot of the Performance tab from the task manager.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

05-01-2021

Slovenia

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-05-04, 15:19 PM

Somehow, when I got up this morning everything was back to normal, it works now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thanks nonetheless

Options

3684 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

791 Signins

19112 Page Views

• Views: 19112
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-05-04, 17:00 PM

Great!

Feel free to get back to us in case you will be needing technical assistance in the future. You know where to find us.

Regards

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms