Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

Regarding Lenovo ThinkPad E460 IWS

2016-05-19, 3:21 AM

I am thinking of buying the Lenovo E460 in Asia and using it in Canada. But I am concerned about the warranty, is the laptop covered under IWS?

Answer
Options

12689 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7324 Signins

751070 Page Views

• Views: 751070

Re: Regarding Lenovo ThinkPad E460 IWS

2016-05-20, 14:01 PM

Hi ben-wu511 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

This article would be a good reference for you:

Checking for International Warranty Service (IWS) 

It is a good thing that you are checking possible warranty coverage outside point of purchase .

Basically , IWS at times would not be able to apply on a specific region specially if they do not market it there and this only meant that repair parts would likewise be "not available" and that repairs are redirected to the location of point of purchase. 

As an example. for the Edge Series laptops (ThinkPad) E460 (ThinkPad) , I used 20ET for the machine type on the IWS think look up page . It gave me Lenovo Canada 1-800-426-7378 and depending on the region in Canada , either showing Onsite service or "best effort" . As a suggestion best to give Lenovo a call to verify if they would be able to support in warranty repair for the specific model and Machine type .

Hope this helped answer your query. 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

12689 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7324 Signins

751070 Page Views

• Views: 751070
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Regarding Lenovo ThinkPad E460 IWS

2016-05-20, 14:01 PM

Hi ben-wu511 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

This article would be a good reference for you:

Checking for International Warranty Service (IWS) 

It is a good thing that you are checking possible warranty coverage outside point of purchase .

Basically , IWS at times would not be able to apply on a specific region specially if they do not market it there and this only meant that repair parts would likewise be "not available" and that repairs are redirected to the location of point of purchase. 

As an example. for the Edge Series laptops (ThinkPad) E460 (ThinkPad) , I used 20ET for the machine type on the IWS think look up page . It gave me Lenovo Canada 1-800-426-7378 and depending on the region in Canada , either showing Onsite service or "best effort" . As a suggestion best to give Lenovo a call to verify if they would be able to support in warranty repair for the specific model and Machine type .

Hope this helped answer your query. 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)