Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-18-2021

Turkey

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Reset nv ram and no screen

2021-02-18, 10:56 AM

İ  reset nvram after that black screen when I try to open my laptop. İ tried to reset cmos but same thing happened (waited 30 minutes disconnected battery and cmos battery) i am afraid of deleted my bios. Can somebody please help me? 

Options

2127 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

232 Signins

10891 Page Views

• Views: 10891
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Reset nv ram and no screen

2021-02-18, 11:16 AM

Hi Enes_bayke,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Try performing a static Discharge
- Remove all cables attached to the device (ac adapter/power, hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)
- Ensure device is switched OFF
- Hold down power button for 60 seconds
- Re-attach all cables
- Connect the AC Adapter, then let the device charge for about 2 minutes (if it does) then start up as usual.

- Try it a couple of times to see if it will boot.

- Remember that after a cmos reset, you need to enter the BIOS to set the correct time&date.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

02-18-2021

Turkey

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-19, 7:02 AM

First of all thank you for your advices. I tried your advice  but the results was same except one thing when I reconnect power to my pc it turned on itself but still black screen. İs it possible to my bios was deleted and also is it possible to reload bios my pc? 

Options

2127 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

232 Signins

10891 Page Views

• Views: 10891
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-19, 11:04 AM

@ Enes_bayke wrote:

First of all thank you for your advices. I tried your advice  but the results was same except one thing when I reconnect power to my pc it turned on itself but still black screen. İs it possible to my bios was deleted and also is it possible to reload bios my pc? 

Resetting vram should be a fairly safe and straight forward procedure, and can not result in the BIOS being deleted. Re-seating the cmos battery only resets the BIOS back to factory settings as well. I don't think you have to worry about the BIOS being deleted. 

Do you have an external monitor you can try and plug in to see if it also does not work ?

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms