06-20-2019

US

4 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad 13 Gen 2 "Plugged In, Not Charging" After Windows 10 Update

2019-10-21, 22:31 PM

About 1 month ago (after a recent Windows 10 update), my Gen 2 ThinkPad 13 screen began pulsating between AC powered screen & battery powered screen. The battery icon for Lenovo Vantage was alternating between plugged in, not charging to battery power.

I have addressed all possible software fixes including buying new AC power and, when that didn't resolve the issue, a new battery.

I have created a custom power plan (Windows), updated BIOS, etc. but nothing changes. I have updated my Power options through Lenovo Vantage and still nothing. Airplane Power Mode is OFF (as is Auto-detection).

The device will charge to only 66% but only when I close the lid.

When the lid is opened, it continues the alternating between battery & plugged in, not charging with the battery level dropping about 1% per minute.

Any suggestions out there??

Options

1817 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad 13 Gen 2 "Plugged In, Not Charging" After Windows 10 Update

2019-11-28, 15:37 PM

Hi Masseychusetts! Welcome to our forums community. Could you provide us the Windows 10 version and the BIOS version? You can follow the steps here: open the command prompt and type "msinfo32".

Try uninstalling the battery driver under the Device Manager and restart. Run the update through the Vantage app and install all available updates. If the issue is still the same, run the hardware test from the same app to check for hardware failure. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete