04-05-2020

Australia

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad E570 100% Disk usage ~15-20min load time until useable

2020-04-05, 1:55 AM

TL;DR - whenever i start my laptop, disk is at 100% usage for approximately 15-20 minutes and I can't use the laptop until diskdrops to <99% .

Hello, 
I have had the Thinkpad for ~2-3 years, it has been remarkably slow since first purchased. The disk usage will generally be 100% capacity for 15-20 minutes and the laptop is incredibly slow and unusable until this stops. 

As you can see from this photo, there does not appear to be significant load through the system - but still remains locked at 100% 
I have done some research that some say windows defender may be causing the issue. I have attempted to have that disabled and Avast running. There does not seem to be any windows defender scheduled to run. 

To my understanding Antimalware service excutable (MsMpEng.exe i believe) can at times be a culprit for high CPU / ?disk usage. I have tried to tweak that through gpedit.msc - however that doesnt run on windows 10 home edition.. Just wondering if I continue down this pathway or if anyone else has any other thoughts. 
I have attempted many "fixes" haven't quite found anything successful yet. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms