Options

1 Posts

10-15-2020

AU

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad 11e Battery timer wildly and erratically incorrect.

2020-10-15, 4:36 AM

I have had my laptop (Thinkpad 11e) for closing in on two years, and ever since I got it the battery "time left" has been wildly incorrect, varying from 10 hours to 60 hours left as normal times, and then occasionally into the hundred hours and thousand hours left. One time it even got to over 16 thousand hours left! I have no idea why this happens and have come to accept it as it is, but I would like to know if there is a solution to the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Options

1234 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

144 Signins

6636 Page Views

• Views: 6636
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Thinkpad 11e Battery timer wildly and erratically incorrect.

2020-10-15, 9:20 AM

Hello Sajejo,

Welcome to the Community Forums

This could be a sensor issue or driver issue. To check both , please follow the steps below.

Firstly we'll check if the battery is working well, and getting charged properly.

Step 1. Generate a Battery Report:

- Follow the steps below in order to generate a Battery Report in Windows 10:

- Right-click the Windows Icon in the bottom left corner and select "Search"

- Type "cmd" into the search bar, right click the program showing up and select "Run as Administrator"

-----

- Copy and paste "powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html" into the command prompt window. Without the quotations.

- Using Explorer navigate to C:\ aka the root directory. You should see a file labeled battery_report.html.  

Check here on how to read the report

If you are unable to perform this task, then just continue below.

If there seems to be any issues with the battery, then we might be looking at hardware battery fault. If the device is within warranty, I'd have it checked out, if not, then I'd find a replacement. Still, do continue with the steps below to determine this 100% 

Step 2. Static Discharge

- Remove all cables attached to the device (power, hdmi, external mouse/keyboard, etc)

- Ensure device is switched OFF

- Hold down power button for 60 seconds

- Re-attach all cables

- Connect the AC Adapter, then let the device charge for about 2 minutes

- If the battery still has a sensor issue, continue below:

- Charge the battery to "full", then perform a discharge of the battery again.  

- Do this 2-3 times to see if the sensor normalizes.

Step 3. Disabling Automatic Hardware Driver updates:

- Right click the Windows Icon, select the "Search" Function.

- Type "Control Panel" and select "Small icons" or "Large Icons" in the "View By" top right.

- Click the "System Icon"

- Navigate to "Advanced System Settings" -> "Hardware"

- Click "Device Installation Settings" and Select "No"

**This will prevent Windows from interfering with your hardware drivers in future updates, but keep crucial security updates rolling.

Step 4. Reinstall Battery drivers

- Press Windows Key + X, select Device Manager

- Now click Batteries in the Device Manager window.

- Next, you should right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall from the context menu.

- Click Uninstall to confirm.

- Restart the device and have Windows install the generic driver type for the battery to be installed.

- If the issue persists, continue below

Step 5. Updating the System Board drivers.

Make sure you have the newest BIOS, Chipset, Serial I.O, Management Engine Interface drivers, Power Management and Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework drivers for your device:  

You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page

Just plot in the serial number for your device and hit enter, might have to hit it twice. Then head to Drivers & Software then the BIOS, Chipset and Power Management section.

**Note: Make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing this update.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete