Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-10-2021

Germany

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad E14 (Gen2) Amd - Contrasts need long to regulate, colours to bright

2021-01-10, 22:08 PM

Hello everyone,

I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad E14 Gen2, AMD Ryzen 5, AMD Radeon Graphics and Windows 10, german keyboard, a month ago.

Everything works fine, just the colours are very bright and weird sometimes. If i open a relatively dark window, the icons in the taskbar are getting garish, very bright, they almost turn into neon-colours.

When i am switching to a lighter window, the colours of the icons are starting to get darker, adjust and get "normal", but that takes a few seconds. This phenomenon appears, also in videos and everywhere else when contrast are changing.

I am wondering if there is something wrong, or its just how the display is. But i can´t imagine that this is, how its supposed to be. I was searching in the Amd settings if there is something i can adjust to stop this, but i didn´t.

If someone has an idea what i can do about it, i am very grateful :)

Greetz!

Options

3300 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

771 Signins

17217 Page Views

• Views: 17217
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Thinkpad E14 (Gen2) Amd - Contrasts need long to regulate, colours to bright

2021-01-19, 16:06 PM

Hi alma_101!

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums

Are you experiencing the same issue during boot up or before you log in to Windows? Can you check if the Night Light settings is turned on? You can search for night light on the search box, right next to the Windows icon.

Try updating the display/video graphics driver and the BIOS manually from the support site:   https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e14-gen-2-type-20ta-20tb/downloads/driver-list

Update us on how did it go.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms