US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad E15 (Intel) Ethernet

2020-10-21, 0:11 AM

Hello,

I just got a new Thinkpad E15 (Intel) laptop. I currently have a CAT 6 RJ45 Ethernet cable. It doesn't fit into the Ethernet port. Exactly what kind of Ethernet cable do I need? That information isn't found anywhere, not even in the User Guide. Side note: I bought the E15 to replace Thinkpad E531 and the same Ethernet cable fit in there fine. I am using the same cable, but it doesn't fit into the E15. Help, please.

Thank you.

Solved! See the solution
Options

53 Posts

03-08-2019

CN

100 Signins

1400 Page Views

• Views: 1400
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Thinkpad E15 (Intel) Ethernet

2020-10-21, 2:19 AM

Hello,

Welcome to lenovo forums.

so sorry I'm not get  your problem clearly. 

If the problem is that you cannot insert the Ethernet cable into Ethernet port, because the port looks a bit samll?

if yes, The following information may help you.

In order to make the laptop lighter and thinner, some Thinkpad products have designed a movable baffle for the Ethernet port. Need to unfold it gently to use.

Thanks,

Sam

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

10-21-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Thinkpad E15 (Intel) Ethernet

2020-10-21, 2:49 AM

Hello Sam,

Yes, you understood me correctly. Thank you, Sam, for answering my question. Your solution was exactly what I was looking for. And thank you for giving me a new word to add to my dictionary... "baffle": the baffling piece of plastic Lenovo put in their Ethernet port. LOL 

I was thinking the same thing that you said---to gently bend that plastic (baffle) and slowly insert the Ethernet cable, but then I thought, "Naw, Lenovo wouldn't dare allow their customers to potentially break off that little piece of plastic considering how much their customers pay for laptops. I think I need to ask someone first." Guess I was wrong. LOL Lenovo did dare. LOL Guess they're trying to invent ways to increase laptop turnover, which isn't a good idea for conservationism... but hey, what do I know?

Lenovo, if you're reading this... Good God. What have you done? Yes, the laptop is light and thin, but at what cost? I paid more than $1,000 for this laptop and now I have to worry about a little piece of plastic breaking off, preventing me from using the Ethernet and getting online. Two thumbs down on this particular feature. Sorry. Now, I'll have to put my laptop into a baby carriage so I can protect an itty bitty baffle. Gee. What an expensive baby. LOL

Thank you, Sam, for your prompt reply and perfect answer. I've marked your solution as THE solution. Kudos to you, too, Sam. Thank you.

Grumps

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete