02-20-2012

GB

73 Signins

675 Page Views

• Views: 675
  • Message 241 of 243

Re: Touchpad

2014-11-17, 16:12 PM

Every now and again I decide to research this. I recently found out that when Windows detects more than one driver for a mouse or touchpad, it starts to revert the settings causing settings not to survive a reboot. Now I don't know whether Thinkpads have two touchpad drivers, one from Microsoft and one from Lenovo, or whether the fact that there is a touchpad and a trackpoint which is the duplication in drivers causing the problem. I will try to find out. Either way does anyone know how to remove windows drivers for a touchpad or mouse? Or at least see a list of drivers that are on the computer. I was under the impression when one driver is installed the previous one, except last, is removed or overwritten.

Options

1 Posts

11-20-2014

USA

6 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 242 of 243

Re: Touchpad

2014-11-20, 12:54 PM

recently bought a thinkpad E540.  It worked for a little over a month and now I'm having the same trackpad issues that it seems legions of others are having.  It started with losing trackpad functions after 15-30 min following boot, but now reboot no longer restores any function.  Symptoms are as follows:

-cursor only moves at all when using two fingers and only on right side of trackpad, with intermittent and choppy movement of cursor.  

-Two finger gestures (scroll) do not work

-tapping (clicking) does not work

-amount of pressure does not make a difference

It happens on AC and battery. all available software updates are installed.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Synaptics driver (18.0.7.40), but that has no effect.  There are no error messages that come up.  It does not appear to depend of programs that are open or number of programs that are open .  Maybe I missed it somewhere in the 24 pages of complaints about this problem, but is there a fix for this yet?  Does Lenovo understand what the problem is?

System: 

Thinkpad E540

Win7 Pro (64-bit)

BIOS: J9ET88WW (2.08)

Options

1 Posts

12-19-2015

Los Angeles, CA

3 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 243 of 243

Re: Thinkpad Edge AMD Touchpad sometime work and sometime won´t

2015-12-19, 3:25 AM

Anyone out there found a fix for this yet?  Lenovo?  Hello?

The exact same problem started up for me about two weeks ago and I have yet to find an acceptable solution (sorry, for a portable laptop, "plug in a USB mouse" is not acceptable).  Problem started out of the blue - was working fine for months, and then not at all.  Things I have tried:

Upgrade to Windows 10 (problem started in 8.1, making me believe it is not a OS problem)

Update drivers

Uninstall all drivers, reinstall drivers

Reboot

Shut down, wait a few days, start up

At best, I can get the touchpad to work for a couple of minutes.  

Things that do work:

USB mouse (no problems)

Trackpoint button

Touchpad click when using trackpoint to move cursor (thus, I don't believe this is a hardware issue)

Two-finger drag-to-select (sort of - it only selects whatever is closest to the cursor at the time)

System specs:

Lenovo Thinkpad L540

Synaptics Ultranav pointing device

Windows 10 Home

Intel i5-4200 CPU @2.5 GHz

8 GB RAM

64-bit OS (yes, I did download the correct drivers)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete