1 Posts

02-03-2014

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad edge e330: Last keystroke keeps repeating endlessly

2014-02-03, 8:06 AM

Hi all,

I hope anybody can help, because I am in a limbo... 

Since of yesterday my keyboard keeps repeating the last keystroke endlessly. To illustrate: "hellooooo worldddddddddddddddddddddddddd etc..." I can't recall changing any keyboard settings like 'key repeat' or similar.

It is probably useful to notice I am running Ubuntu 13.10 on my system. I have tried everything I could think of to fix this problem..I actually made a clean install. But while doing this I experienced keyboard issues as well..even when trying to change the boot settings in the BIOS. I ended up not being able to do anything anymore and keep booting into the boot device menu (and when selecting the harddrive, it doesn't do anything and keeps returning to the boot menu..but that is a different topic I guess, although any help here will be appreciated).

So I was wondering if anyone experienced similar issues and could point in the right direction to fix this. My internet searches only resulted in solutions like 'dirty/sticky keys' or 'key repeat setting'.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Joost

p.s. this is my first post so please be gentle :)

Options

10 Posts

01-13-2014

SG

17 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad edge e330: Last keystroke keeps repeating endlessly

2015-07-03, 6:07 AM

I also encounter this problem. Interestingly, this only affects Ms office. I have a feeling it's related to the Mouse cursor being placed at the style-format options at the top nav bar...

any thoughts?

== update ==

based on this

I think its related ot the BIOS configuration for Always ON USB. perhaps you can try that.

and let us know back here if all is well?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete