Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

31 Posts

06-07-2011

Santa Barbara, CA

33 Signins

480 Page Views

• Views: 480
  • Message 1 of 2

Trackpad AND Keys Problem

2013-01-01, 2:33 AM

I purchased a Lenovo E520 with an extended 2 year warranty. Upon arrival the trackpad did not work - which is a problem Lenovo is fully aware of.

After 3 months of Lenovo support havin me try various fixes - it still does not work. Support said it was hardware, and becasue it was beyond 90 days i could not get a refund. Theyy also said it would take 3 to 5 weeks for the repair and that was gauranteed. I cannot afford to be without a computer for that long - so I disconnected the trackpad and used a mouse for the past 1 1/2 years.

Now the "g" key keeps malfunctioning. I found out that this is also a known problem.

Lenovo Support - please contact me to resolve this situation.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Trackpad AND Keys Problem

2013-01-02, 21:23 PM

seestone,

I'm not sure why you were advised 3-5 weeks to repair a problem like this.  Keyboard and touchpad should be easily replaced.   I'll try to help you - can you send me a private message with your contact information - name, shipping address, phone, and the model type and serial number of your particular E520.

Thanks!

Mark

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms