03-03-2017

Philippines

1 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 41 of 50

Re: Turn ON keyboard backlight?

2017-03-03, 15:12 PM

does my lenovo thinkpad edge 13 has backlight? or thinklight?

i have tried Fn+PgUp and Fn+spacebar. it still doesn't work. 

Options

1 Posts

07-22-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 42 of 50

2017-07-22, 19:24 PM

+Kudos... The first reply worked: Fn + Spacebar

There is also a little white icon on the left side of my spacebar that is a square bracket, like "[" and "]" but with the open end facing. down, with "light rays" lines emitting from the top of the bracket.

Also, if you don't know whether you have the backligh or not,  it is worthy to note that before I figured out how to turn it on, the only reason I knew it was possible was because the baclight comes on every time I startup, restart, or come out of hibernation.

Options

1 Posts

08-27-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 43 of 50

2017-08-27, 1:18 AM

Thanks that helped!

Options

1 Posts

06-28-2018

India

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 44 of 50

2018-06-28, 10:14 AM

This is a very simple need I think. Such a highend Lenovo model doesn't have this minimum need. Really surprising.

Options

1 Posts

07-22-2018

Serbia

5 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 45 of 50

2018-07-22, 15:02 PM

Come on! it so easy, it works :)

Options

1 Posts

07-26-2018

Iraq

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 46 of 50

2018-07-26, 16:59 PM

THANKS IT WAS USEFULL.

Options

1 Posts

11-29-2018

Croatia

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 47 of 50

2018-11-29, 4:18 AM

I had a problem that once my keyboard lights have been working, but after visiting one computer service (for some another reason) after that the lights were not working any more. So for me - I already knew how to turn lights on and off, but there was another cause of the problem. So maybe this will help somebody with the same situation.

If you look back on your laptop (on the bottom), there are some plastics that could be opened. If you open the bigger one (I will show on the photos) you will find one very thin cable (the black one). In my case that cable was unpluged, and the solution for me was just to plug it back again, and the lights on the keyboard were working again. 

So, for me, the problem was that the service guys have accidentaly unplaged that cable and there was no power (electricity) for that module. 
Here is a link to an album photos that shows where is the cable that was unpluged:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rj6fntKLm4YqWBMr5

Options

1 Posts

12-07-2018

Australia

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 48 of 50

2018-12-07, 14:14 PM

After trying the Fn + Space and that didn't work, I tried Ctrl + Space and it worked.

Options

0 Posts

01-20-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 49 of 50

2020-01-20, 1:36 AM

Thankyou so much. very simple.

Cheers 

andyew57

Options

1 Posts

02-12-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 50 of 50

Re:Turn ON keyboard backlight?

2021-02-12, 21:04 PM

I see this is a very old email string but people are still posting to it so I'm going to share my story.  In December 2020 I purchased a P53 laptop with a backlight keyboard.  Unlike many of the people who have posted on this subject, I didn't have any problems figuring out how to turn my backlight off/on.  I have a model that uses the Fn+Spacebar.  The reason I found this email string was because I felt that the backlight was not bright enough.  It has three levels of control: low, brighter and off.  I have now determined that the light is actually plenty bright at the highest sitting but the white translucent material used for making the keys to form the letters/numbers/symbols is too opaque to let much light through, at least, when compared to other laptops that I own.  But, I have now determined that I will just have to get use to fact that the ThinkPad keyboard will have "dimmer" letters/numbers and symbols than my previous laptops.

However, if you are like me - it drove me crazy that I had to constantly press the Fn+Spacebar to turn the backlight back on after the computer goes into sleep mode.  I know this is a small thing but it gets annoying (at least for me) after doing it a 100 times in a day!  Especially, since I know it doesn't have to be this way.  My old HP laptop that I replaced with my new P53 did not have this issue.  If the HP went to sleep ... just a touch to the keyboard or the mouse/touch pad, woke up the computer and the backlight came back on, if it was previously on.  I searched and searched the internet looking for way to change the default behavior of the backlight of my new ThinkPad and finally found a solution.  I found a reference to a program that someone had created to solve the problem called:  LBC Service Settings

If you are interested in controlling whether the backlight comes back on "automatically" after the computer goes into sleep mode, check out this program.  It was not written for my specific computer model but it was written for a ThinkPad that uses the key combination Fn+Spacebar which mine uses so I took a chance.  I downloaded the program and installed it and it has worked flawlessly for me for two months.  I am no longer annoyed by having to press the Fn+Spacebar a 100 times a day!  I'm leery of downloading unknown programs over the internet but I took the chance on this one and I'm glad I did.  I love that I now have control over the  default behavior of the backlight on my P53 ThinkPad.   My spyware/malware software has not reported any issues with the program but you will need to use it at your own risk. See link below:

https://github.com/JooJooBee666/LBCService

For those who are not familiar with the GITHUB.COM site it is a place where 1,000's of programmers share "open source" free software that they have created.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms