Options

18 Posts

08-09-2012

Denmark

53 Signins

527 Page Views

• Views: 527
  • Message 1 of 2

Webcam will not work even when turned on (E420s, Win8/64)

2013-01-07, 16:36 PM

Besides from the fact that Lenovo hasn't yet bothered releasing Windows 8 compatible drivers for the AMD graphics chip (please fix this, Lenovo), leaving your with only the on-board Intel chip working, I'm rather glad with having upgraded my operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro (64-bit).

However I've been having some problems with my webcam. When running Skype ”metro”, Skype ”desktop” and the Microsoft Camera-app three things happen:

1) The green LED besides the camera is turned on,

2) the camera doesn't record

3) Windows shows you a picture of a broken camera (see attached screenshot)

This happens both in “metro” and “desktop”. Webcam is enabled in all three apps.

Clearly there is something wrong since the LED indicates the camera should be on.

-- Nikolaj
Options

1302 Posts

12-06-2012

Raleigh, NC

545 Signins

33643 Page Views

• Views: 33643
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Webcam will not work even when turned on (E420s, Win8/64)

2013-01-08, 0:57 AM

Hi, Nikolaj

If you haven't already, I would recommend making sure that the BIOS and the camera drivers are up to date, both of which can be found here. If neither of those help, then I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling the camera driver. Maybe that will get it working properly.

Best of luck, and let me know how it goes

Adam

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution!" This will help the rest of the community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms