Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

11-12-2011

UK

8 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 1

What is the E420s 14" Screen Like? Looking to purchase online fairly soon!

2011-11-12, 19:41 PM

Hi

I'm looking to get a Windows Laptop for business use (I'm a lawyer). I currently have a Macbook Pro Unibody which I love, but Office for Mac is poor when compared to the Windows version, and IMHO (YMMV of course) the Macbook Pro keys are not great for large amounts of typing.

After going on to PC World and browsing their entire range the only laptop that came close to what I was looking for was the Thinkpad Edge. LOVE the chicklet keys. Felt so good and responsive. Literally the best laptop keyboard I had ever experienced.

The display model was a 15" E520. The screen was really really bad though. It was a deal breaker :(

Doing more research online I came across the E420s. Seemed to have everything I wanted, no number pad though (not too much of a sacrifice there), but the screen is listed as 14" glossy with 1336x768.

Glossy is fine with me, I HATE matte displays. I'm a bit scared 14" is a bit too small for prolongued use (the laptop will spend most of it's time on my desk at work and home rather than on the move).

My question is how do you guys get on with the E420s screen? Do you find it too small for prolongued document editing work? Is it bright and vibrant like most glossy displays? Is the 1336x768 sufficient, or are the items on the screen still too big with lots of scrolling needed?

Any help very much appreciated! :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms