Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-16-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

DAISY CHAIN TO THINKPAD E560 THROUGH ONELINK PRO DOCK

2020-04-16, 11:03 AM

Hello, 

I am a happy owner of a ThinkPad E560 20EV laptop. 

Currently I use the laptop with the lid closed, and connected to two external monitors, one DELL u2415 connected to the laptop through HDMI, and one older monitor conected through the VGA port. 

I would like to buy a second DELL u2415 monitor and the onelink pro dock and connect both dell monitors via DP and daisy-chain

The questions are these: 

1. Having investigated compatible docks with my laptop, it seems the onelink pro dock is indeed compatible. Could you please confirm this?
  2. If it is indeed compatible, would I be able to do the following?

Laptop -> OneLink pro dock -> DP connection to first DELL U2415 monitor -> daisy chain (DP) to second monitor DELL u2415 monitor?

The monitor spec regarding connectivity is the following: 

The laptop uses an onboard GPU - Intel HD Graphics 520. It seems that the chipset does support daisy chaining. However, the laptop only has HDMI and VGA outputs. 

Would the above scenario be possible? I have searched quite a bit but I can't find definitive information, and I would like to be sure before proceeding with the purchases of both the dock and the second monitor. 

Looking forward to your help, 

thomas 

Options

2 Posts

04-16-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:DAISY CHAIN TO THINKPAD E560 THROUGH ONELINK PRO DOCK

2020-04-24, 9:34 AM

Nobody? .. 

I 've been trying to find some official information about this, emailed lenovo support, posted here, but all to no avail .. No answer at all. 

I am a lenovo customer, thinking about buying another lenovo product, and trying to find relevant information, and there is no clue from lenovo support whatsoever .. 

This is disappointing, really .. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms