Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abehil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 408
Message 1 of 6

11e What is storage bus - Sata2 or Sata3

The Windows 10 version of Thinkpad Yoga 11e comes with 128GB SSD but when running a benchmark on the laptop it's top read speed is below 300MB/s.  I swapped out the SSD for a faster one (OCZ TRION 150 2.5" 240GB TRN150-25) which benchmarked faster random write times (250MB/s versus 150MB/s) but it also benchmarked below 300MB/s overall read speed.  

So, is the internal bus only Sata2 which would cap the drives at 300MB/s?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 377
Message 2 of 6

Re: 11e What is storage bus - Sata2 or Sata3

Good day.

What is your laptop's machine type-model (MT-M) number? Should be shown on a sticker on the underside. Please don't post your serial number

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

abehil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 366
Message 3 of 6

The label has: "20D9-0027US".

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 360
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for confirming.

You have a 1st generation Yoga 11e. According to the platform specs at: http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad_Yoga_11e?MT=20D9 it appears to be SATA 2 (3Gb/sec).

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

abehil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 354
Message 5 of 6

I appreciate the answer.  But the link you refer to had no information about the Sata bus, I'm curious, where did you get the information?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 351
Message 6 of 6

There's a platform spec link hidden at the bottom of the page:

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Think%20Tablets%20_%20Convertibles/ThinkPad%20Yoga%2011e/Thi...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors