Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alskey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 186
Message 1 of 3

2nd failed hard drive

My E430 warranty has just run out and now my hard drive sems to be failing for the second time. The first hard drive was replaced under warranty 5 months after purchase. I don't want to use another of the same, for obvious reasons! I plan to replace it myself thsi time. What would be the best type to use?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 168
Message 2 of 3

Re: 2nd failed hard drive

Hi,

What manufacturer/model is your existing failed drive?

I personally prefer Hitachi drives.  YMMV.  And you're going to get a bunch of conflicting opionions...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

alskey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 149
Message 3 of 3

Re: 2nd failed hard drive

The drive I have now is Hitachi. I don't know what the original one was.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors