Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slava
Fanfold Paper
Views: 835
Message 1 of 5

Addinng mSatat SSD drive to E530

Hello,

I'm about to buy Lenovo E530 in a configuration that comes with SSD for cache (just a regular 500/7200 HD for storage).

I read about the option of adding a 'normal' SSD drive and I have a couple of question:

1. In all of the reviews/forums they add 64GB drive, I was thinking about this one:

http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?imodule=CT128M4SSD3

it is it compatible with the E530?

2. After adding it, Is it act like a normal HD? Can I install WIn7 64 bit on it? Do I have to do something special in order setting it as a boot drive? (except of setting it first in the boot sequence)? Any known issues regarding it?

3.If I want to add it after I have an OS installed on the 500/7200 drive, I just install inside the computer and Win7 will recognize it by itself, is it correct?

4. And the funny question for the ending, I herd that it comes without a screw, Is there any spare screw in the WWAN card slot that I can use? 

Thank,

Slava

Slava
Fanfold Paper
Views: 811
Message 2 of 5

Re: Addinng mSatat SSD drive to E530

The model that I'm buying comes without small ssd and I want to install one by myself
Slava
Fanfold Paper
Views: 800
Message 3 of 5

By the way, If I'm going to use this mSata SSD a normal drive and install my OS on it, Is there any good in installing Lenovo's ExpressCache software?

bassamie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 789
Message 4 of 5

I think Lenovo's Expresscache software is used when you have your OS installed on the regular harddrive and the files that are in current use or often used by the OS are stored in the mSata drive which makes things faster.

1. That ssd should work fine according to some reviews that I've read on newegg and other places. It will only work at SATAII speeds since this thinkpads mSata connection is SATAII only.

2. It will act like a normal hard drive.

3. I don't see why adding it after should cause any problems...

4. It seems there is a screw waiting there for us. 

Slava
Fanfold Paper
Views: 785
Message 5 of 5

Hey.

Thanks for your answers.

I see people here having problems with WIn8 installation (There is some guy here claiming the Win8 installer doesn't recoginze hos mSata drive hence he can install the OS there) So I was wondering if I have to do something special inorder to install Win7 on it..

By the way, will it work with any mSata SSD (any size?)? all the reviews are talking about Crucial M4 64GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors