09-13-2013 10:34 AM
I have an E420 Thinkpad; NO problems ever with the laptop...a great machine. I ran some updates and the Lenovo update wanted to update the battery firmware; there have never been any problems with my battery (I have an extended battery), but wanted to update as recommended.
- When I ran the update, I got a "the tool was unable to update the battery firmware due to an internal error"...and then it automatically rebooted.
- Once it rebooted, I now get a DOS warning (on initial boot) "this system does not support batteries that are not genuine Lenovo....." and I have to hit escape to continue.
- When it boots up, I get a battery icon that shows either "plugged in and charging" with a RED X imbedded in the icon.
- The laptop does not recognize the battery. Even though it was in good condition and had a 95% charge when I first ran the firmware update....the laptop will not operate without hte power plug attached.
- When I go to the power manager and the battery tab, I get a "battery was completely discharged and needs to be recharged verbiage
- I have tried to re-run the firmware update from the update tool, but to no success.
- I have tried to run the firmware update by downloading the install .exe file and running from my desktop....to no success.
- I have tried to do a system restore, but it did not work.
- I have screen shots of the screens mentioned as needed.
Help! I now have a small desktop that has a closeable lid. It will not run if the power plug is disconnected.
Thank you!!! Casey