cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frustratedowner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 710
Message 1 of 3

Bottom bezel wedged up when lid is lifted on new E545. Repaired twice, still not fixed. Now what?

March 2014 - new E545 laptop purchased from Amazon. Upgraded warranty to onsite repair service. 

August 2014 -  Left hinge loose, pinching LCD cable causing screen flicker when lid is opened. Repaired onsite, cable and screen replaced, left hinge screws re-tightened. 

Nov 2014 - Left Hinge (site of previous repair) loose at laptop base connection point. Lifts top bezel at left corner when lid is opened, bends plastic and metal, screen flickers. Lenovo refused onsite repair at first, I insisted on onsite repair as that is what I paid for. Repaired onsite, LCD and cable and top bezel replaced, left hinge screws re-tightened, again. 

Dec 2014 - Same exact issue as Nov 2014 and August 2014. See picture.

No drops or accidents, it sits on a desk 90 percent of the time. My guess is the screws that hold the left hinge to the base of the laptop have always been loose (or perhaps dont stay in place) which causes it to tilt upwards when the lid opens and results in lots of things physically breaking (see picture). It is also the same issue as in this thread - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge-S-series/Thinkpad-E145-Screw-has-worked-its-way-loose-bez... - however mine does not have a visible screw missing.

Im extremely leery about calling Lenovo again due to my previous call experience with them in November - the first tech I talked to told me he didnt know what was wrong with it and didnt know what parts to order, the second tech refused onsite repair even though I had purchased this service. Are there any other avenues I can go through to request onsite service that wont give me such a hassle so I can finally get this one issue resolved? This laptop is less than a year old and this will be my third repair for the exact same manufacturing issue, getting it fixed shouldnt be this darn difficult Smiley Sad

Moderator note: large image(s) converted to link(s):  About Posting Pictures In The Forums

frustratedowner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 646
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bottom bezel wedged up when lid is lifted on new E545. Repaired twice, still not fixed. Now what

Does any have any tips or ideas? I came back from a 10 day vacation since posting this thread hoping it would magically get better while I was gone, but no Smiley Sad

It seems like the hinge is working fine but the metal near where the screws anchor in to the laptop base is flexing and failing which is an obvious manufacturers defect. I am not looking forward to calling Lenovo in the morning after the last time I tried to get this fixed Smiley Sad

a_hawk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 580
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bottom bezel wedged up when lid is lifted on new E545. Repaired twice, still not fixed. Now what

Hi, the exact same thing happened to my laptop today, and after a quick search, it turns out to be a common problem, and probably another design flaw Lenovo keeps ignoring.

could you fix the issue?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors