Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TPzoan
Paper Tape
Views: 3,956
Message 1 of 3

Bypass Windows Boot Manager?

After creating a set of Recovery discs, I used them, to make sure if I ever need them they will work. The E565 notebook runs very well, but somehow the Windows Boot Manager got inserted into the boot process. Now every boot goes there, and I have to select "7" (for Windows 7) and accept that choice to allow me to boot to the Windows desktop.

Prior to my creating and using the Recovery discs, the notebook booted straight into Windows 7. I'd like to get that back, and bypass the Windows Boot Manager step. How can I do that? I don't see any mention of Windows Boot Manager within the UEFI BIOS settings.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,885
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bypass Windows Boot Manager?

I don't have a Win 7 machine handy to check, but this should be fixable in startup and recovery options.

Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Startup and Recovery options.  IIRC there should be default OS and time to display options.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

TPzoan
Paper Tape
Views: 3,874
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bypass Windows Boot Manager?

Hey, thanks!!

I've been using Windows 7 - 64 Bit on multiple PCs for years, and I have never even seen this setting before! By default it was set to 30 seconds, which, in "PC Boot Years" is like a lifetime, Smiley Happy so I had never waited that long to see if it did anything beyond that screen. But once that timer counts down, it moves on to boot whatever you have set in the chosen OS, in the case of this Lenovo, that being "7" for Win7.

I have reduced that time to 4 seconds, and now it boots into Windows nicely. This will allow me to set up Boot by RTC so the notebook can start itself every morning. With the Windows Boot Manager having been seen as an obstacle in my path, I had not tried to auto-start it yet, as I had incorrectly thought it would just sit on that Boot Manager screen until it got user input from me.

Thanks again!

TPzoan

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors