Did you mean: 
Mazher
Paper Tape
Views: 1,749
Message 1 of 5

Calculator key not working on E580?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum.

I recently purchased Thinkpad E580 and using Windows 10 on it.

The problem I am facing is the calculator key on the top of the number pad is not working. Can someone pls tell me what could be the problem? I have tried opening it using Function key but it is still not working.

DjBUh_9XcAIf4ZB.jpg

I am a statistician and user of Thinkpad from last four years. I am used to operate calculator through Thinkpad's built-in key but for some reason it is not working on E580.

Please help.

Regards,

Mazher

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,675
Message 2 of 5

Re: Calculator key not working on E580?

Hello Mazher, welcome to the Community,

Are you pressing and holding the Fn key at the same time?

Calc.jpg

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Mazher
Paper Tape
Views: 1,657
Message 3 of 5

I have tried Fn + Calculator key. Still it is not working. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,613
Message 4 of 5

Have you perchance swapped the Fn & CTRL keys in BIOS at some point? If you have you will need to press the CTRL key instead of the Fn key. BIOS -> Config -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Fn & CTRL key swap.

Please also ensure that you are on BIOS version 1.19, the system we've been testing on has this version and doesn't exhibit your issue.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e580...

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Mazher
Paper Tape
Views: 1,594
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I have fixed the issue. Hotkeys drives were not installed. The problem is solved after I downloaded the drivers.

Regards,

Mazher

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors